Black Friday Chromebook deals are a holiday tradition: Manufacturers and retailers discount Chromebooks significantly, and you profit. Our process is to review Chromebooks for sale at major retailers, weed out the poor deals, and list the ones we think you’ll benefit from.
Let’s be clear: our goal is to find good Chromebooks on sale. You can refer to our list of the best Chromebooks to help you decide, or our laptops vs. Chromebooks explainer to help you with the finer points. We will also explain our reasoning below the offers themselves.
The best Black Friday cheap Chromebook deals
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Chromebook (MediaTek MT8183, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 14-inch 768p display), $99.00 (57% off at Walmart)
- Acer Chromebook 512 (Intel Celeron N4020, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD, 12-inch 912p display), $111.99 (44% off at Amazon)
- Lenovo Chromebook 3 w/headset (Celeron N4020, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 14-inch 768p screen), $129.00 (13% off at Walmart)
- HP Chromebook 11 (MediaTek MT8183, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD, 11-inch 768p display): $122.00 (52% off at Amazon)
- HP Chromebook 14 (Celeron N4120, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 14-inch 768p display): $179.00 (40% off at Walmart)
The best Black Friday mid-range Chromebook deals
- Lenovo Flex 5i (Core i3-1115G4, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 13.3-inch 1080p display), $299.99 (30% off at Amazon)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 (Pentium Silver N6000, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 15.6 inch 1080p screen), $249.99 (47% off at Amazon)
- HP 15.6-inch Chromebook (Pentium Silver N6000, 8GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 15.6-inch 768p display) $249.00 (29% off at Best Buy)
- Asus Chromebook Flip C433 (Intel Core m3-8100Y, 8GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 14-inch 1080p screen): $244.90 (39% off at Amazon)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Chromebook (Intel Pentium Silver N6000, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 15.6-inch 1080p touchscreen): $249.99 (47% off at Target)
If you’re willing to spend $250 to $300, pick up the Lenovo Flex 5i or IdeaPad 3 at the top of the midrange range. Most of all, we value a 1080p screen, 8GB of RAM and a fast processor, and we think you’ll be most satisfied with these models.
Of the budget models, you have to choose between a higher resolution and/or a larger screen (easier on the eyes) based on the price. We don’t really consider the SSD storage to be a critical factor, except for storing games. We’ve included the HP Chromebook 14 in the budget category because its Celeron N4120 is a quad-core processor that should offer significantly more performance than the dual-core N4020 Chromebooks, even if the screen resolution and memory are less than we’d like. .