Lots of airline loyalty programs are partnered with car rental companies, which is an opportunity to earn air miles for car rentals. At the moment, Etihad is running a particularly lucrative promotion for Avis rentals, which is worth considering if you have any upcoming car rental needs.
25K Etihad miles for a three day Avis rental
As first reported by Frequent Flyer Bonuses, Etihad Guest has an amazing promotion right now, where you can earn 25,000 bonus Etihad Guest miles when you complete an Avis rental of three or more days:
- You must book between October 28 and October 31, 2022, on this link
- You must collect your rent between November 1 and December 23, 2022; lease must be completed by December 31, 2022
- You must rent in the United States (excluding Alaska), Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa or Asia
- You must rent a group C car or higher
- Etihad Guest members can take advantage of this promotion up to three times
- This is in addition to the standard Etihad Guest mileage for Avis rentals, which is at least three miles per dollar spent.
This is an amazing offer
With this promotion, I’m seeing three-day rentals in many cities priced around ~$200 all-in. That’s a pretty amazing deal – I personally value Etihad Guest miles at 1.1 cents each, so for me the miles alone might justify the rental cost.
The main catch is that Etihad Guest is a bit of a niche program. It’s not Air Canada Aeroplan or American AAdvantage, so I’d only want to acquire Etihad Guest miles at that rate with a specific redemption in mind. I wouldn’t want to rent specifically to earn the miles, only to have 25,000 Etihad Guest miles and not know what to do with them.
On the plus side, it’s pretty easy to earn Etihad Guest miles with transferable point currencies. Etihad Guest is a carrier with Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One and Citi ThankYou, so it gives you many options to add to your account.
The crux of the matter
For a limited time, you can earn 25,000 bonus Etihad Guest miles for Avis rentals of three or more days. This is one of the best rental car promotions we’ve seen for earning miles, and you could easily rack up 25,000+ miles with a ~$200 rental.
This can be a great deal, especially if you know how to redeem Etihad Guest miles. While I wouldn’t do a “taxi run” to take advantage of this, I would certainly make this promotion a priority if you have any upcoming rental car needs.
Will you be taking advantage of these Etihad car rental deals with Avis?