Every year, Black Friday is a day of savings and a way for stores to get rid of excess stock. Here are tips and some of the best deals for students. Get an early start as stores like Target and Walmart already have Black Friday deals going.
- If you’re buying for yourself, make a list of things you want or need and budget for the maximum amount you want to spend. It’s easy to overspend next month, so if you have a budget, you can stick to it better.
- If you’re buying for others, write out a list of everyone you’re buying for and jot down any ideas you have about what to get them so you can refer to it while shopping for Black Friday deals on your own in person or online. Eighty-six percent of millennials overspend on holiday gifts, according to CNBCso being prepared can prevent you from overspending.
- Set a date for when you want to finish all your gift shopping, so you have plenty of time to wrap. By doing so, you can avoid last minute panic and save yourself from buying more than you should.
- Look for items that can be broken up and thrown into gifts, such as multi-part gift sets, inexpensive cosmetics, candles and candy.
- Be sure to bring your student ID if you go shopping in person, and don’t be afraid to ask if stores have student discounts. Downloading the store app may also provide additional coupons.
For students, Black Friday is one of the best times to score e-deals. Amazon has a few MacBook Benefits from 2021 with a 20% discount. Walmart also has much cheaper ones MacBook Air laptops at $299. There are several HP Chromebooks under $100. For laptops under $200 there are Lenovo options and Acer optionsother laptops.
Airpods have been a hot ticket item for the past few years and can be found for as low as $159. Beats headphone are on sale for $150, and Beats headphone are going for $100. Even the latest airpod max headphones can be found on Amazon for a slight discount of 13-18%, depending on the color.
For coffee lovers, one serving Keurigs can be found for as low as $35.
Walmart has too iPhone for as little as $8 per month for 36 months and 0% APR.
Shoppers can find endless deals for entertainment.
Nickelodeon star Jeanette McCurdy’s book can be found for an all-time low at Walmart for $19, usually almost $30.
For movies, Christmas favorites under $10, like “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” and “A Christmas story” are available at Walmart for $7.99 each.
For non-free movies, Target also has Blu-ray DVDs for $5 and less.
Books are also currently “buy two, get the third free” on select books and DVDs at Target, a sale that only happens a few times a year.
Think about yourself
Now more than ever, self-care is important. You don’t have to buy anything to get some self-care, but if you’re looking to treat yourself or a friend to some self-care items, Black Friday might be the perfect time to do so.
Various candles are at Walmartand Target has them all year round for under $10.
Music can be a great source of stress relief. If you need speakers, you’re in luck.
Portable speakers from JBL are on sale for $59. If that’s too expensive, there’s also Amazon echo points for $17.99 and Amazon nest for $19.99.
If you need new home electronics, rice cakes can be found for up to $50 at Walmart. Air fryer are also available at Best Buy for as low as $39.99.
UniDays, a student discount website, also has a selection of Black Friday deals from various brands. Discounts include food, make-up stores, HP products and clothing brands such as ASOS and champion
Gifts for othersEvery year, Walmart has many low-cost gift sets for people you may not have the time or money to spend on.
Some good ones this year under $20 include Ghirardelli sled chocolate gift basket for $15 and Houdini gift basket for $15, which includes Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares, Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles, Shell Bella Madeleine Cakes and more.
Other Houdini A gift set costs $19.98, with more snacks and a reusable tin that holds all the goodies.
For $10, options include various Ghirardelli hot cocoa cases sets for $9.98 and many others.
Target also has a selection of beauty kits for $10, including a nail setasked Dr. Teal setand beauty face mask gift set.
For $20, Target also has Advent beauty and skin care products calendars.